POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFE: make hollow objects : RFE: make hollow objects Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  RFE: make hollow objects
From: Chuck Roberts
Date: 9 Aug 2000 12:08:54
Message: <399182CA.48BA17CE@accn.org>
Request for Enhancement

I would like to be able to make real hollow objects. I know you
can specify an object to be "hollow" but you can't put a light
inside it and have it shine through windows you have cut out of
the object.

A real hollow object, like a cube, would be differenced with a
cube slightly smaller than itself (say 1% smaller in each
direction).

--
See my Free stuff page. It compares free website providers, and
lists free internet access providers.

Win98 help file loaded with hints and tips, including securing a
Win 95/98 PC in a classroom setting. VB4 help file with lots of
code and hints.
At http://www.crosswinds.net/~robertsc/